Here is a quick and easy pasta dish for you to try. If you have not tried sun-dried tomatoes…you should. They have a great flavor.
Chicken Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced or julienned
- 8 ozs. sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained ( I purchased julienne cut)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 16 ozs. penne pasta, cook al dente
- 1 T unsalted butter, melted (I did not melt it, I let it melt in the pasta)
- 4 T freshly grated parmesan cheese ( I used more)
- 3 T chopped fresh basil ( I used dried. When using dried instead of fresh herbs you will use less. I used about 1 T. dried basil)
- pinch of red pepper flakes
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and saute 2 minutes or until soft. Add Chicken and tomatoes and cook 2 minutes. Stir in cream. Cook an additional 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Toss pasta, butter, salt, Parmesan and basil. Then toss in sauce. Serve immediately.
I purchased this seasoning at Penzeys Spices. There is one in St. Louis. If you have not been there, it is a must! You walk in and the smell all these different herbs and spices hit you. It is wonderful. http://www.penzeys.com/
Do not rinse the pasta. The only time you should rinse the pasta is when using it in a cold salad. Rinsing the pasta will rinse away the starch that was released when the noodles cooked and that starch will help the sauce bind to the noodles.
There is a cheerleading competition tomorrow to qualify for state. Please say a quick prayer for them. One of girls on Grace’s team got hurt last night and cannot compete. (Prayers out to her for a quick recovery) Which means re-working the routine today! Grace and others are having to do some things they were not doing before. I know that they will pull together and do a great job…but a few extra prayers wouldn’t hurt 😉
Relish Food & Life!