I found my love for fish tacos in California while visiting Sarah, Jim and Corrine. Whenever I see them on a menu, I order them! I found this recipe on food.com. It is really easy and very tasty. Grace even likes them 🙂
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 package taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 lb cod or 1 lb white fish fillet, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 4) (I use tilapia)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons
lemon juiceI use lime juice.
- flour tortillas or taco shells
Toppings ~ choose whatever you want to top it with.
- shredded cabbage or lettuce
- chopped tomato
- lime juice
- taco sauce
- shredded cheese
- green onions (this would be good added to the sauce)
Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro and 2 tablespoons seasoning mix in small bowl.
Combine fish, vegetable oil, lemon juice and remaining taco seasoning mix and toss in a medium bowl; pour into skillet.
Cook, stirring constantly, over medium high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Fill tortillas with fish and desired toppings.
I know that fish tacos are not around here too much. I think you will like the recipe if you give it a whirl 🙂
Relish Food & Life!