Being cooped up has me cooking. Be ready for some recipes this week. This was really good!
Italian Sausage Appetizer Bread
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) Johnsonville® Italian All Natural Mild Ground Sausage ( I purchased bulk Italian sausage in the meat department)
- 1 loaf (1 lb.) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (7 oz.) roasted red peppers, well drained and sliced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced (did not add)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
In a skillet, brown sausage until no longer pink; drain. On a lightly floured surface, roll bread dough to a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Combine cream cheese and garlic, spread lengthwise over center third of dough. Top with the sausage, peppers, olives and cheese. Fold dough over filling, pinching seam to seal. Make slits across top of dough every 2 inches. Brush lightly with water and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake at 400ºF for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
I did not serve this as an appetizer. I made it for supper and served it with Spinach Salad. It was really good and would make a great appetizer for super bowl 🙂
Kids are out of school again tomorrow. We has been sleeting all day and then it rained. Snow is on its way. Stay safe everyone!
~Relish Food & Life