Tonight the Mater Dei Cheerleaders and parents had a potluck. I had a busy day and was scrambling to find something that was quick. I was glad I remembered this recipe.
The recipe came out of Southern Living 40 years of Our Best Recipes Cookbook.
Parenthesis will have what I used.
Three Cheese Baked Pasta
- 1 (16 oz) package Ziti pasta (Rigatoni)
- 2 jars (10 oz) jars Alfredo sauce
- 1 (8oz) sour cream (Lowfat Sour Cream)
- 1 (15oz) container Ricotta Cheese (Lowfat Ricotta)
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I added a little more)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley ( I did not use this, I added 1 T dried basil instead)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella
- I added pepper and garlic to the recipe
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and return to pot. Stir together Alfredo sauce and sour cream; toss with the pasta until evenly coated. Spoon half of the pasta into a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Stir together ricotta cheese and next three ingredients; spread evenly over pasta mixture. Spoon remaining pasta mixture evenly over ricotta cheese layer; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Then top with the other half of pasta. Top with cheese. I did sprinkle a little Parmesan on top along with the mozzarella. (Failed to photograph) Pop it into the oven.
I think this would also be good with Italian combination shredded cheese.
~Relish Food & life