I found this recipe in my new cook book I purchased in Nashville, Tables of Content by The Junior League of Birmingham, Alabama. I searched the recipe on the internet and found it at several website with great reviews.
Here are 2 websites that have the recipe posted:
Bow Ties with Sausage, Tomatoes and Cream
- 1 (12 ounce) packages
bow tiePennette pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb sweet Italian Sausage
/41/4 – 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (depends how spicy you like it…I did 1/2)
- 1 cup onion, diced
35 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) cans Italian-style plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Cook sausage and pepper flakes until sausage is heated and browning around the edges.
- Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, cream, and salt.
- Simmer until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir cooked pasta into sauce, and heat through.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
This was a super easy dish. The sauce was very good!
~Relish Food & Life