If you are looking for a super duper easy soup to make….here it is (take note D.J. this has your name written all over it!) I found the recipe in one of my cookbooks, Table of Contents by Junior League of Birmingham, Alabama.
Warm Tortellini Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 9 ozs. fresh chicken or cheese tortellini
- 1 (15 oz) cannellini, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can diced Italian style tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil ( I did not have enough fresh basil for 1/4 cup…so I added dried basil. If you do not have any fresh. You can use dried… 2 – 3 Tbsp.)
- 1 1/4 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar ( I just realized I messed up here, I thought it was teaspoons. I added about 1 1/2 tsp…it was still good.)
- salt and pepper to taste ( we love pepper, so I went heavy on the pepper)
- Parmesan cheese, grated for garnish
Bring the broth to a boil in a stockpot of medium heat and add the tortellini. Cook for 4 minutes and stir in the beans and undrained tomatoes. Reduce the heart to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasional. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with parmesan cheese.
This makes a great meal served with a salad and garlic cheese bread!
~Relish Food & Life