Once again, I found this on Pinterest and had to try it. This recipe came from a blogger Cookies and Cups. There must be an ice cream called Chubby Hubby and that was her inspiration for this bar. It has salty pretzels, peanut butter cups, chocolate and caramel in it! Seriously, how can it not be good? Thank you Cookies and Cups for this wonderful bar 🙂
Chubby Hubby Bars
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temp
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pretzels
- 1 (
8oz11oz) bag of Reese’s Mini cups ( I think the bag I used was 11 oz)
- 1 (14 oz) bag of caramels, unwrapped
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, melted (12oz bag)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a 9×13 pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Beat together your butter and sugars until light and fluffy, approx 1 min.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix until incorporated.
- On low speed add in your salt, baking soda and flour, mixing until just combined.
- Slowly add in your Reeses and Pretzels, mixing until evenly distributed.
- Spread in your prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely. Approx 30 minutes to an hour.
- When cooled, melt your caramels and 1 Tbsp water in a microwave safe bowl stirring every minute until melted.
- Pour over your bars.
- Chill in fridge for 15 minutes to set caramel.
- Melt your chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave and spread over caramel.
- Put back in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Cut into squares when ready to serve.
These were salty…chocolatey…caramelly (I don’t think that is word)…scrumptious. I think they would be absolutely awesome, warmed up a bit with a scoop of vanilla ice cream… ohhh yeahhh!
Mark’s only suggestion was that he thought the caramel was too thick. I wonder if I used caramel ice topping it would thinner and not so thick, but then it might be to thin…what do you think?
Inspirational Thought…My parents passed away in 2000 and 2002, I miss them dearly. Love and Cherish yours while they are here.