Wow, we have had some gorgeous days here in the Midwest. It has been in the 60’s for the past 4 days.I have been taking advantage of the nice weather with taking a walk, grilling, washing my car and my favorite…putting my top down on my car 🙂 I am getting Spring Fever really bad!
I planned out some meals this morning and hit the grocery to stock up on the ingredients. Tonight I made a recipe that I had saved on my recipe box on Epicurious.com, Pasta with Spicy Sun-Dried -Tomato Cream Sauce. I changed it up a bit. My version is below.
Penne with Spicy Sun-Dried Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup julienne sun-dried tomatoes (not oil packed)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 pound whole grain penne pasta – I thought I would make it a little healthy with the whole grain;)
- 1 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Note: Kate and I decided that this would also be yummy with cooked chicken or shrimp added.
The garlic, roasted peppers and sun-dried tomatoes are a great combination. Then a little heat from the crushed pepper flakes…soo good.
~Relish Food & Life