This is my 100th post and with 14,713 total views! I started this crazy blog on September 16th, 2010. I have had a lot of fun sharing my favorite recipes with you. I hope you are also enjoying it!
I made an amazing bar recipe last night, Creamy Almond Bars. I LOVE almonds, they were super easy to make and they melt in your mouth = A KEEPER RECIPE 🙂
Creamy Almond Bars
– 2 c flour
– 1 c butter, softened
– 1/2 c powdered sugar
– 8 oz regular cream cheese, softened
– 1/2 c sugar
– 2 eggs
– 2 tsp almond extract
– 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
– 1/2 c butter, softened
– 1 1/2 Tbsp milk (I added a bit more milk)
– 1 tsp almond extract (I was short on almond extract, so I used a little more than a 1/2 tsp extract and heavy 1/2 tsp of Amaretto)
– sliced almonds (Topping)
1. Mix and press crust ingredients into a greased 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar for the filling with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the rest of the filling ingredients and beat until just mixed. Pour filling mixture over crust and bake for another 15 minutes.
3. Combine all frosting ingredients with a mixer. Frost bars when they are cool and top with sliced almonds, if desired. Cut into 24 squares and serve immediately or serve chilled. Store in refrigerator.
Did you know… when using Amaretto in place of Almond extract you are supposed to use 4 to 8 times as much? That is what it says on Cooks Thesaurus website. My favorite website to go to when I need to substitute an ingredient.
Ingredient Line up minus the eggs.
Mix crust ingredients.
Press into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
While baking crust. Mix butter and cream cheese until smooth.
Add eggs and extract or a combination of extract and amaretto.
Pour filling over crust and bake another 15 minutes.
Mix frosting ingredients.
Frost bars when they are cool.
Top with almond slices.
Creamy Almond Bars!
I would imagine these would also be tasty with other extracts!
I want to share with you photos of Kathy, my sister-in-law beautiful sunflower patch. I was blown away with all the flowers.
Thank you Kathy for sharing your beautiful Hidden Garden!